Quenching Thirst

(Photo credit: 2k Photography, Flickr)

I'm thirsty.
... so I drink water. My thirst is quenched. When I do not drink, eventually the thirst subsides. But my body still needs water. 

I think about how fortunate I am to quench my thirst. There are many who do not have this choice. Yet with this choice, I often fail to quench my own thirst.

Physical dehydration is not my only problem. I also "thirst" to run. However, many times, I would sleep in and skip my run, later regretting it when watching the beautiful sunrise and smelling the fresh air. I would tell myself I would run tomorrow. This would happen over and over again.


I also "thirst" to pray. To spend time talking to God. And praying for my friends. And for the brokenness in this world. And so I tell myself that I will pray ... later. 

And as I continue to ignore these cravings, my thirst gradually subsides. I still need to pray. I still need to run. I still need water.

Yet not all cravings are meant to be satisfied. This goes without saying.

It is time to stop ignoring these cravings. It is time to quench my thirst. More water. Get to the gym. Wake up earlier. Get on your knees before plopping on your bed. Less talk, more action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit