Types of Running


Running is awesome.

The picture shown above was taken along one of my runs in Hong Kong. I love the view. In fact, often I would run to places just to catch a glimpse of breathtaking scenery (e.g. the stillness of the lake, the sunrise over a sleeping urban setting, the rushing waterfall).

As I was reflecting on my life journey as a runner, I was reminded of two kinds of running:
  1. Running to
  2. Running from
Running to ...
... the finish line
... school
... the gym
... get fit
... push my body to its limits

Running from ...
... a scary monster
... a coach chasing after you during interval runs :)
... responsibilities
... relationships
... situations requiring tough decisions

There are times when it is good to run away. And there are most definitely times when you should not run towards things (e.g. please do not run into the wall or a pole ... not fun!).

However, more often than not, we run away when we need to run to, and we run to when we should run away. What should you run to? What should you run from? I will leave that to your common sense and wisdom (though I would love to hear your thoughts!).

Given you know what you should be running from and running to, do you have the courage to follow-up? Are you fit enough to do "what-you-got-to-do"?

I'd love to hear from you. Post up, message me, or talk :) I would be delighted to discover more of your life journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit