Lessons on the drive to Michigan

Last week I drove with my dad to Michigan. It was definitely an adventure staying awake and a good time to catch up with my dad. There were two things that made an impression on me:

1. GD (Giant Dump)

A term coined by my younger brother and used by my dad to describe the incredible feeling of "letting go". Okay, definitely not the best analogy and a bit crude, but I thought about how wonderful it is to let go of things you're not meant to hold on to.

What's worth clinging to? When is it time to let go? Often, these questions become apparent over time, as our body gives us plenty of signals! Not just our physiological responses though, but also our emotional, mental, and spiritual responses. The more challenging aspect about letting go is not knowing what to let go of, but to have the courage to let go. Often we become constipated in our own strength, pride, or confidence.

Of course, the converse can be said about the importance about clinging to the right things. Holding on for dear life. Letting go of the things you should be clinging to (e.g. vital organs, values, identity) is also not so good.

In life, we need a balance of wisdom and courage.

2. The Weight of a Being a Man

... coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit