A Tribe of CrossFit Athletes

(Taken from ITF's POD - Picture of the Day)
What is a tribe?

First definition from Google:
A social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader.
... having common goals, common dreams, and common values. In short, a tribe is a family.

Iron Tribe Fitness

I recently came across a CrossFit Gym that stood out to me (Iron Tribe Fitness). What struck me about this gym is their emphasis on helping those who cannot help themselves, together. Partnering together to pursue a vision much bigger than themselves. Their website says it best: "Our mission is to teach and support healthy lifestyles, be a leader in results-based fitness, and encourage fellowship within our global community."

This resonates with my own life mission in pursuing 4-D fitness and helping others do the same. How that looks like remains a mystery to me. However, I get excited when I see my vision (or parts of it) lived out in our community. In the meantime, I need to become much more fit - to have the ability to do what I want to do. Empowering fitness in the lives of others will be a parallel journey for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit