Forging Elite Fitness


Boarding in 1 hour :)

I am sitting in Toronto Pearson Airport waiting for my flight to Calgary. I am attending a conference in Lake Louise and staying at the Fairmont! I am the above image emblazoned in my memory. I am looking forward to the nice hotel, the breathtaking scenery, and the opportunity to .... run :)

What happened to the workout posts?

No, I did not stop working out! I still go to CrossFit regularly and have been keeping an active lifestyle. I did yesterday's workout in 16:26 (4 Rounds for Time: 10 SDHP, 15 Ring Dips, 20 Burpees) and worked on my overhead squat this morning in Hart House before leaving for the airport. If you find it helpful for me to post my workouts, I would be delighted to keep doing so. Many of my workouts are taken from CrossFit Markham.

Forging Elite Fitness

Forging Elite Fitness is CrossFit's slogan and captures the heart of CrossFit rather well. As you know, I have been on a journey "forge elite fitness", working to increase my endurance, strength, speed, stamina, etc. However, my journey is not limited to physical fitness alone - my pursuit is in forging 4-D fitness.

Mental Fitness

Fitness can refer to many things. I like to divide it into 4 areas: body (physical), mind (mental), heart (emotional), spirit (spiritual). What matters is not the categories themselves, but rather, the idea that fitness is not limited to just one area (i.e. physical) and each dimension connects with the other dimensions.

Recently I picked up a fun mental workout. I had a childhood dream of becoming a medical doctor - whether this dream is ever realized is still to be determined. Regardless, I started studying for the MCATs, spending a small, but consistent amount of time each day devoted to this test. I have found the material exciting and challenging (like CrossFit workouts!) and find they help keep my mental faculties sharp for other activities (i.e. research).

How about you?

What kind of "workouts" do you do (or would like to do)? This can be for any dimension of fitness :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit