Not even a hint!

Ephesians 4:29 - 5:3

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ forgave you.

Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children, and walk in the wayof love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Reflections
  • I came across this passage during Sunday's message at the Second
  • Speaking only what is helpful. I need to work on this, as careless words are like aimless arrows, wounding at random, regardless of intention. Ruling my spirit and my tongue. Much more difficult than the already tough task of disciplining my body.
  • Kindness. I need God's help to foster this in me. Being rude and selfish comes a bit too easily for me. I desire the strength to be kind.
  • Forgiving like Jesus is incredibly tough, especially when the offense hurts deeply.
  • I need to learn from Jesus, following His example. I'm still learning to walk in the way of love (and still learning what this love is all about).
  • Not even a hint! This phrase blows my mind. I need God to work in my heart and help me live in purity, both individually and with others. This is a high standard. Total purity. The thought of totality permeates the rest of my life as well: total focus, total presence, total effort. Being pure on the outside isn't being pure. Appearing strong in the gym isn'tbeing strong.

Your identity defines how you respond to your reality. Who you are defines what you do - not just in front of others, but in the daily grind and in the secret life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit