Efficient Running: To heel-strike or not to heel-strike ...

Here is a link to an article about why heel striking is not good for you:

What do you think? And how do you run?


Personally, I prefer landing mid-foot to flat-foot, depending on my how quickly I am running. At slower speeds, I would heel strike, as the photo above shows (photo credit: Carol Yang). This photo was taken towards the end of the marathon as a pace rabbit. By then, my legs were completely shot. I am working on increasing my resilience =)


Finally, some of you may be a bit startled to hear when I say I sometimes run flat-footed. While I could explain it, Ryan Hall does a much better job =)

Comments

Carol said…
Hey I took that picture!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit