Pumped for the Toronto GoodLife Marathon!

I am as ready as I'll be for the Toronto GoodLife Marathon tomorrow. As you can tell, I have everything laid out. My bib is pinned to my shirt, I have gels pinned to my fuel belt, PowerBar Gel Blasts pinned beneath them, E-load in the pocket, my 4:30 pace bands and my pace bunny shirt, ...

As I was preparing my things, it suddenly dawned on me: the marathon is tomorrow! As fun as this is, I wish my family was doing this with me. Getting ready with me and getting pumped too! I remember Rome and the camaraderie there with Team in Training. And in Niagara Falls and Mississauga with my family. I know for sure I'll feel the community and excitement when I'm there. However, this feeling tells me just how much more I enjoy these adventures when there are people to share it with. While my family won't be there at the race tomorrow, I have other friends running the race too.

I'm a bit worried about the injuries I have going in, especially since I'm a pace bunny. I worked out a bit too much this week ... got carried away :p However, I recall my flight to Rome and how many runners were injured. We can do little to change things now ... we just got to run our race and run it to our best. And as for me, I will run my best and will draw from the energy of the other runners running the 4:30 pace.

My goal tomorrow is to finish the marathon in 4:30 (not slower, not faster), holding a smile the entire way =) ... and if not a visible smile, at least a positive attitude :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit