Learning to Love

My capacity to love needs to expand.

Love is patient and kind - the opening sentence to the famous definition of love found in the Bible (1 Corinthians 13). In learning to love, often I cannot get past this phrase, since I have a hard enough time being patient and kind.

Love. Protects. Trusts. Selfless. Not easily angered.

What does love have to do with 4-dimensional fitness? Everything. Love is the foundation for true strength. One who loves truly is strong in body, mind, heart, and spirit.

Love takes incredible strength and is not for the fainthearted. It involves self-sacrifice. Love costs. At times, love is a natural outpouring of the heart. Most other times, love is utterly unnatural and seems to require divine intervention.

How do I acquire this love? I am still discovering. As the Bible says, there is no greater love than laying down your own life. Jesus Christ laid down His life. In response, I too need to lay down my life (and whatever defines my life). To stop taking hold of earthly glories and grasp onto the cross. My current journey is in learning to take the abstraction (taking hold of the cross) and live it out in my current reality.

What are your experiences with love? I would love to hear your stories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit