Being Broken by Love and Discovering True Strength



This song has been on (manual) repeat for the past week. My life journey has its ups and downs. The song, Love Break Me, makes a huge impression on me.

I protect my heart with these walls so that I do not get hurt. Instead of strengthening my heart to face my giants, I have guarded it to the point I have been very desensitized. It would be fair to say that I stopped feeling pain.

No pain does not mean no injury. Sometimes there are things that hurt so much that apathy seems to be the best cure. While I am not a doctor (maybe one day), I know that apathy is at best a drug. Being strong does not mean building strong walls, but building a strong heart.

This past week these walls have started crumbling down. My walls built by my pride and hurt have fallen. I have begun to feel again. My emotions have returned.

A man in touch with his emotions. While I feel men should not be given over to their emotion, they should be connected with their emotions. Emotions are powerful and manifest themselves in mysterious ways - in love, in anger, in tenderness, in jealousy, to name a few.

A man capable of ruling over his emotions. Thinking of my own past, I admire such men (and women). I find these people to be truly strong. The book of Proverbs has a verse that I find describes this kind of strength I seek:
"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one who takes a city." Proverbs 16:32 (NIV)
What does true strength mean to you?

Comments

msphilaleung said…
yet another great encouragement! ;D Thanks Josh!

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit