Energy Management

As I mentioned in a previous post, my goal is to now qualify for the Boston Marathon. To do this, I will need to get a lot faster. Part of my journey to Boston includes:
  • Incorporating a more plant-based diet
  • More barefoot style running
  • Working out more consistently
I recently beat Bronze (a level of the Hart House Circuit). However, I've been fairly tired as of late and have "fallen" in my more recent attempts -- or so it would seem. While my time this morning was above the 28 min cutoff, I was happy that I was able to do the dips and pull-ups without any breaks - this was something I couldn't do before. As my fitness increases, I will need less to do more.

Sometimes it isn't just about managing your time or going all out -- and then crashing after. If you're sick, exhausted, or whatever, take a step back and think about your higher level purpose. For me, my workouts serve me (not the other way around). There are times when I need to suck it up and fight through pain. Other times, I workout, get in a good sweat, and ensure I have enough energy to study or pull the un-welcomed all-nighter.

Of course, I don't like to keep holding back. And the best way to keep myself from doing this is to sleep well and eat right. This ensures an adequate amount of energy so that I am not using my energy on credit, borrowing energy that I do not have and paying it back later with interest (in the forms of exhaustion, fatigue, and health).

So whatever you hand finds to do, do it with all your might (Ecclesiastes 9:10). Take whatever you have, and do your best, whether it is getting up at 7am and going for a 10 min jog, or going and beating Platinum (the highest level of the Hart House Circuit).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit