"Veni, vidi, vici"


I came, I saw, I conquered!

Those were the words that ended our Inspirational Dinner tonight. After the talk, we had our pasta dinner, which was our opportunity to carb load for our race tomorrow.

But let me back up a bit :) This morning, I was supposed to meet some other people at 9am to go for a run. I arrived at 9:10am, later finding out they left at 9:05am :P I ended up grabbing some water and fuel and went for an adventure.

This morning's adventure lasted a couple hours and involved wandering around Rome, seeing the Colosseum, the ancient ruins, and the National Museum. As I mentioned, I'll upload the photos when I have better access to Wi-Fi (currently limited on downloads and time). However, here are two photos that I picked up: The first one (top) is of the Colosseum, with the Arch in the background, and the second one (bottom) is a shot of the ruins.

I feel fairly ready for tomorrow. Adequate energy levels, injuries under management, and excited for the big day!

I'll be taking along:
- Fuel belt, with water, fuel (gels, blocks, and diluted Gatorade)
- Camera!

I'll be starting at a comfortable pace for the first half, and if I'm feeling good, I'll pick up the pace for the latter half. I'll be running in memory of my Uncle, of Gabby (an honored hero of a fellow team member who recently passed away), and of the other blood cancer fighters and survivors.

When negative thoughts (and feelings) plague my mind and body, I'll remember others have it worse. Those battling cancer are the real heroes and are fighting a fight of an intensity I can't even begin to grasp. So cheers to you all! I'll be running for hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit