Today's Groceries -- Vegetarian?!

I just came back from shopping at Lucky Moose for some groceries. I am not sharing this just because I have an obsession for grocery shopping. Rather, I find it is important to be mindful of what we eat. The things we consume (food, media, friends, ...) have a strong influence on who we are.

It just so happens that my groceries have no meat (I just went around the store and picked out foods that I thought would make me feel happy). For those considering vegetarian diets, Matt Frazier's blog, No Meat Athlete, and Brendan Brazier's book, Thrive Fitness, are both excellent resources.

Now ... for today's shopping list:

Fruits
5 California Seedless Oranges (these are pretty big and look juicy!)
6 bananas (2.63 lbs)
5 Gala apples
1 bag (2.43 lbs) of sweet clementines
250g package of figs (great source of quick energy)

Fats
2 bags of dry roasted almonds
3 avocados

Other Carbs
3 big yams (total: 2.53 lbs)
1 loaf of bread (Country Harvest, Ancient Grains)

Awesome
1 Jar of Nutella

Okay! That's it for me :) What do you like eating? I'd love to see posts of your grocery lists and what you think about when you shop for groceries.

Smile =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep