Copy of my update e-mail for Rome :)

Hey friends

Thank you so much for your support so far, be it through your encouragements and/or donations. To-date, I've raised $3,789 and have received donations from 80 sponsors! With your help, I've reached 63% of my big fundraising goal of $6,000! If you were planning on donating, it's still not too late! You can donate online here and follow my blog here.

Here are some updates:

1. I leave for Rome this Thursday, March 17! My flight departs at 6:45pm from Terminal 3. I am incredibly excited!

2. My first marathon will be this Sunday, March 20. The marathon starts and finishes at the Coliseum! I feel like a Gladiator! I've never run 42.2 km before. While the distance is a bit daunting, I've done my best to prepare.

3. I have a bit of time for sight-seeing and photos. If you've donated or supported my cause in any way, I would love to send you a postcard as a small token of appreciation. Please send me your address by this Wednesday, 5pm, if you would like a postcard from Rome! I'll do my best to send you a postcard =)

4. Training updates: My injuries, current health, and recently rediscovered exercised-induced asthma have made marathon training difficult. While I have decreased the mileage the past few weeks, I have continued to train hard to prepare for my first marathon. In the process of finding alternative forms of training, I recently discovered pool running. It's low impact and a great workout! I was delightfully surprised. My dad is a physiotherapist and I'm going to see him to make sure I'm all set for Rome!

5. Running for a cause: At times when training isn't always fun, I think about my uncle who lost the fight to cancer, and I think about my friends who know others that have fought or survived the fight against leukemia / lymphoma. While the pain I experience during those forty-two kilometers will be grueling, it will pale in comparison to the pain endured by those fighting cancer. I train my body and run in their honor, in hopes of creating a better future for those who fight leukemia and lymphoma.

Cheers to a better future!

Josh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit