Weekend Run and Reflections

Lymphatic Volcanoes

During CCF on Friday night, a friend came up to me, told me to turn to the side, and pointed at my pimply neck. She noted that I needed more sleep and that I had a lymph node around that area. I ended up sleeping in the afternoon today, and to my pleasant surprise, the volcanoes have become dormant. Sleep is helpful for recovery, be it for muscle, mind, and even skin!

Long Run

I was supposed to go running Saturday morning. Upon waking up at 6am, I felt fairly sick with a sore throat. Recalling my need of sleep, I decided to skip the group run with Team in Training and get some more sleep. To my delight, I woke up feeling much more refreshed. It has been a busy week.

I was supposed to run 27km on Saturday with the Team. I ended up running much shorter distances to ease myself back into training. After helping out with the Iron Dragons tryout, I went running with Andy - around 45 min at an easy pace around the AC track.

This morning (Sunday) I woke up feeling a bit sore. But I gathered my running gear anyways. I jumped into the van with my mom / sister. When they went to Sunday School, I took off for an 8km jaunt around the neighbourhood. This run was peaceful and helped clear my head. I stopped partway for a GD (term I learned from Jireh). I need to find a way to optimize this so that I am sufficiently fueled and hydrated, and at the same time, making minimal stops.

The Long Haul

Steadfastness. Long suffering. Endurance. What starts off as just a dream is tested through trial and time. What am I made of? Am I the real deal? These are some questions I wrestle with as I fight to finish the race. Here is a list of my current battles:
Research: Need to be diligent in my work. Not chatting or surfing when it's work time. To work with excellence and be the best that I can be. I'm resolving to put in 40 hours a week.
CCF: Chairing is tough. The vision has been casted. The vision has been lost. And the vision has been rediscovered. I wish people would tell me things to my face. I think too much of what others think of me. A friend told me that I need more confidence. In fact, my writing teacher also told me that when I gave my presentation last week, saying that it seemed that I was apologizing for my research! A friend (and past Chair) told me that no one goes through chairing CCF unchanged. While I understood that in my head at the time, I now feel it in my life. The weight of the Cross. The call of discipleship. The burden for the lost and for the new generation. The lessons learned in love and in leadership. Miscommunication and broken relationships. All these seem absolutely crushing to my spirit. "But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31. Despite of the heavy burden, I smile as I write this, smiling for the joy set before me (Hebrews 12:1-3).
Fundraising: Exciting at first. Goal still seems daunting. Given my other commitments, it has been difficult to organize events and keep asking others for support. Nevertheless, I'm incredibly thankful for everyone who has supported me thus far.
Marathon Training: Battling injuries and health. Learning to just run. Rediscovering the pure pleasure of running.
Relationships: With people, family, friends and so on. Who do I say I am? What do my actions say of my Identity? I'm in pursuit of righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness (1 Timothy 6:11-12, link). Do these show or do the opposites materialize in my life?
I'd love to hear your stories too! What are some of your current battles in life? What is your experience with having to stick it through for the long haul? You can post up or e-mail me directly (joshuahy.wang@gmail.com).

Smile w/ Lots of Love,

Josh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit