Just Run

Here's a quick post before I head off to the CCF office.

I went to the running room today and bought a fuel belt. Yes, I gave in. Running in my environmentally friendly canteen simply didn't cut it. The bottle's weight over the course of a few hours really adds up. The main reason, however, is the bottle is made of metal. And holding a metal bottle in this weather ... is not fun.

I picked it up at the Running Room. At first I got a size Large. After running with it, I realized that it was too big. So after my meeting with some friends from CCF (who are helping me out with this super cool initiative ... its tentative name being Photos for a Purpose ... more details in a future post), I returned to the Running Room. They graciously understood my predicament and switched the belt with a Medium size.

On my way out, one of the Running Room staff says "I don't run with that thing". I was a little taken aback, since I thought he would be trying to sell it to me. (I knew I was going to keep it anyways). He followed by saying he drinks water after. I probed more to find out he runs marathons and his personal best is ... 2:14! That's fast. He told me ... "Just Believe. Just Run." That stuck with me.

Smile =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit