Team in Training: Updates

Thursday, Dec 23, 2010: Wow ... I made the 1st milestone: $1,500! I am so excited! I'm confirmed for Rome! "Just" $4500 left :)

Tuesday, Dec 21, 2010: It's been a week since my last update. Just did some cross training this morning and will run later today (7k Easy). Still need to work on fundraising if I'm going to make it to Rome. Another option is to run the Around the Bay 30K race, which has a lower fundraising requirement, but will still need some work.

Tuesday, Dec 14, 2010: Updated photo - group photo from Group Training Session before our 12k long run. Enjoyed my much needed rest days. Time for a new week to begin. Today is a 6 km easy run =) Looking forward to it!

Saturday, Dec 11, 2010: Had a great run today! Today's run was the 12km long run. I paced with Alan, who could have ran much faster. I'm grateful for the running buddy. Now I need to make sure I do all my training during the week so I don't slow him down on Saturday. Oh! And today's run was emergency free (no pit stops required). I blame it on diet =) - thanks, Richard (one of the coaches) for the tips!

Friday, Dec 10, 2010: Today was our Transport Group Christmas Party. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a transportation planning grad student at the University of Toronto. I had some wine and a shot of whisky when I got back home. Then I decided to do my 5K easy run (~12am). I made a stop by the Metro to pick up some running food (smoothie, bananas, energy bar). I'm excited for tomorrow's long run (12km).

Thursday, Dec 9, 2010: Today was my "rest day". So I slept in and "rested" haha. I went for a light jog also just to loosen up and wow it's cold! I have a 5k easy run tomorrow :) Looking forward to that!

Wednesday, Dec 8, 2010: Thanks for the continual support everyone! The donations, personal messages, and smiles mean a lot to me. Today was supposed to be a 5km tempo run. I had a minor injury so decided to take it easier today. I did a 30 min bike workout and some strength training with Jireh (my brother, who visited from Western!). I also just watched an inspiring video on the Boston Marathon (posted on my blog).

Tuesday, Dec 7, 2010: Continually encouraged in my training and fundraising by friends. Feel very blessed. Did my 6K easy run, which consisted of some hill work on a treadmill and easy jogging around the track with Kelvin. By the way, training with others is AWESOME! Also, tested out a new pair of shoes (Newton's) and love them! (Note: After showing up to one of the training sessions in Converses, I was promptly told to go to a running store and get a "proper" pair of runners :p

Monday, Dec 6, 2010: Incredibly grateful to friends who have donated. Today's cross training consisted of 300 burpees. Nothing else, though it was pretty tough. Looking forward to hill/interval training tomorrow. Learned today that the cancer my uncle died from was lymphoma. My training is taking on new meaning with each passing day.

Saturday, Dec 4, 2010: Had a great run this morning with the TEAM. Inspired to be more consistent in my running and fundraising. Remembering the cause is beyond just Rome. Learned what NOT to eat the night before :P Had a bagel from What-A-Bagel for the 1st time after the run - best bagel ever! Made up for the chilly running weather (Weather Network has it at -4 C ... the high was -1 C.)

Saturday, Nov 20, 2010: Group training session this morning. Nice running route in the Yonge/Eglinton area. Run in Chucks (Converses), hoping to run Rome barefoot since I think that would be epic! Was promptly told to go to the Running Room to get a "proper" pair of shoes :p Had a lot of fun though and met a lot of great people! Looking forward to my training this week =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep