New meaning

My training is taking on new meaning. I just found out today (Monday) that my uncle passed away from lymphoma. He passed away a few years ago and all I knew was that it was cancer. The emotions that day are still vivid in my mind, especially my mom's. I love my mom and dad very much. And funerals are not fun. Funerals remind me that life is precious. That I can't waste my life. That I can't keep taking my parents for granted.

Yes, Rome is cool. And in fact, I was drawn at the opportunity to run in Rome. Running for a cause bigger than my own was also another driver, but this cause didn't resonate as personally with me initially as it does now. I'm training for the marathon to fight blood cancers, like lymphoma and leukemia. As I continue to hear people's stories, especially those close to home, my desire intensifies to train hard and raise money to help create a better future for those who battle these deadly blood cancers.

If you're reading this, I'd like to ask you to partner with me in fighting this cause. Here are some things you could help me with:
  • Check out my personal page, and if you have the means, please sponsor me.
  • Leave a personal message on my fundraising page
  • Spread the word to friends, family, colleagues, ... etc
  • Check out my personal page and blog regularly to see if I'm staying consistent with fundraising and training
I'd like to end the post by saying thank you to those who have donated so far. Whatever the amount you've donated, your donation means a lot to me. I appreciate your support in a cause that means so much to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit