Rome: Post Run Update (GTS 2)

Preamble

Saturday mornings are Group Training Sessions (GTS) with Team in Training. For those who are new to my blog, welcome! I'm training for the Rome Marathon and raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you're interested in donating, you can go to my personal online fundraising page. I'll be updating my blog / site as my fundraising and training progresses.

GTS

We ran a 4km route starting around Yonge / Eglinton. It was my first time running in that area specifically. The weather was perfect and the people were fun. I woke up a bit late that day (i.e. 7am) so I didn't make it in time for the seminar on proper footwear, but I did make it in time for the run =)

Basically, the way the training works is that we follow a training plan with group runs on Saturdays. It's more of a casual / fun run and a way to update each other on how our training and fundraising are going. I find this kind of community support to be pretty effective - the bulk of the training is on your own and you meet up once a week to share in training, laughs, crazy runs, etc.

Post GTS

After our run, we went for breakfast together to get to know others better. And yes, I had coffee. In fact, I had coffee before the run and a cup of expresso during breakfast. But I must say, I feel much more in control of my coffee cravings.

Looking ahead, I foresee some exciting challenges:
  • Running in the cold and early in the morning (as our runs get longer, we'll have to wake up earlier ... getting to the training site around 7am .... opposed to today's 8am meet time)
  • Fundraising $10,000 (this is my first time raising this amount of money - I'd be extremely grateful for support of any kind)
  • Training for my first full marathon (Within this challenge, I have two secret ambitions: qualify for Boston and run barefoot ... though I'm not sure I can even convince the coaches to let me run barefoot -- everyone told me to get fitted for a proper pair of shoes)
Do you have any thoughts about:
  • Running early in the morning / in the cold?
  • Fundraising tips?
  • Training tips?
  • Running barefoot?
  • Rome?
I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep