The Coffee Purge Reloaded: Day 43

Greetings

Yes, it's been a while. My apologies for being MIA for the past few weeks. Here's an update of my life journey.

Coffee

For those of you who are new to this blog, welcome :) The Coffee Purge Reloaded is my new journey with coffee, where my goal is to get off coffee eventually. The process is important. But cold turkey is not necessary. (My previous cold turkey attempts have failed miserably). Rather, my goal is to be free of this drink, pressing forward, nevertheless. As for some numbers, it's Day 43 since I started this Reloaded Coffee Purge (in previous iterations of the Coffee Purge, I wasn't allowed to drink; now, it's okay .. the count still continues until I'm free).

Also, it's Day 28 of no coffee! During these 28 days, I had one week of no caffeine. I'm not completely free from caffeine, but the fight with coffee is going well so far. And it isn't so much fight as it is flight. Fighting has been futile. Trying to battle my cravings for coffee. I have found avoiding temptation much more effective, fighting only when I need to. But anyways, I digress. So it's been 4 weeks! The last time, I crashed at 2 weeks.

CCF

Another dimension of my life is my spirituality. I'm a Christian and take an active role in the Chinese Christian Fellowship at U of T. I'm learning new things each day. Here's a random list of things I'm learning:
  • Choosing leadership over selfishness. Leadership involves serving. I'm a horrible servant. Choosing to lead - be it in my words or actions - is a constant struggle, especially when trials come your way.
  • Relationships are complicated. This is perhaps why I enjoy research so much. Adding people to the equation makes the problem virtually impossible to solve. Who I am matters just as much as what I do (or what people see).
  • Community and Solitude (not isolation) are vital parts of the Christian life - and even for people in general. There seems to be an inner desire to love and be loved and also a need for some alone time - a space of rest and reflection. Then again, this is just me. One person is a small sample size.
  • God is faithful, sovereign, and good. I see this both through my time with God and also in how He works in the lives of others.
  • "X" marks the spot. At the outset, when I told my committee that prayer was of utmost importance and that people need to know Jesus, I painted a big bullseye ... not only on my back, but on my committee. From the stories I hear from my friends, we have been under spiritual attack. Your prayers are appreciated. I'd like to also say that this is not only for Christians, but for anyone who chooses leadership. When you choose to lead, you open yourself up to attack, to criticism, to unrealistic expectations ... Leadership can be a time of breaking or strengthening or both. Leadership is a choice.
Committee meeting is about to start. I'm nervous excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit