Two Rings

Two rings rest on my right hand. One on my ring finger (purity ring), and one on my pinky finger (iron ring).

Both of these rings are "promise" rings. The first is a promise to my family, my future wife, and my friends. A promise that I'll strive towards purity of mind, words, and action. The second is a promise to society and those I serve through my role as an engineer. That I will work with diligence and integrity.

The past I cannot change. Where I have fallen short of these promises, be it in body, mind, spirit, or heart (4 dimensions). Pure of heart. Working honestly. However, I live in the present moment, learning from my past, and being moved by a vision for the future.

These two rings reminds me of my two calls in life:
1. Follower of Jesus Christ (Purity Ring)
2. Transportation Engineer (Iron Ring)

As I stare at my purity ring, I am reminded of the Cross. And of what He has done for me. I am reminded of the body of Christ, broken for me, and the blood of Christ, poured out for me. As I reflect on my iron ring, I am reminded of my call as an engineer (the exact oath ... top secret!). But this iron ring reminds me to work diligently, to do my best, and to work wholeheartedly.

I still think about calling and where I'm going in life. While I haven't figured it all out yet, I shouldn't be paralyzed from doing good, from doing justice and loving mercy. These two rings remind me of my identity, of who I am and where I'm going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep