Avenues of Joy

The past year, I was volunteering at Sick Kids, playing with kids and having fun. I really enjoyed it, but had to stop since this upcoming year is going to be pretty busy. I really miss the kids and the people I work with.

Yesterday, I was at church. After Sunday School, the prayer meeting was getting started and I was lingering reading some books. I overheard that the Children's Ministry was still in need of help. I didn't think much of it, nor did I need to sit in during the service before I decided. I picked up my feet and went downstairs to find the Children's Ministry. I found the leaders and said I'm interested in helping and can do whatever: sit-in, cleanup, help around, set-up, ... teach? sure, anything!

During my time there yesterday, I had a fun time with kids, got to know a few of them, and learned some powerful lessons through Children stories and songs.

Playing with kids has been one of my joys in life. Maybe it's from being an older brother. Maybe it's because they're so cute and fun. Maybe because they're just awesome. Having ended my term with Sick Kids, I was despondent. But now, I have a potential opportunity to invest my life into kids again! I get to reconnect with one of my avenues of joy: kids (:

Do you have any avenues of joy? I'd love to hear your stories too!

Comments

jazii said…
=) its great that you're reconnecting to kids.

i've been encouraging myself to start taking my writing into more useful areas, since its my greatest avenue of joy.

whether it be blogging, creative writing, composing, etc.

except that sometimes i run out of ideas as to how to do that.

nevertheless, its always an awesome feeling when you find that you can infuse your routine life with occasional episodes of sporadic chaos. like children.. and writing.. hahahahaha
Josh Wang said…
hey jaz, that's great to hear! writing = awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit