Out of identity comes destiny

Calling. How do you know if you're called to be somewhere, to be someone, ...? I was reading an article today in the Star about lawyers and thought about a career in law. Then I began to consider law as a career. Similar streams of thought would occur for medicine as well. And I begin to wonder if I would really enjoy law (or medicine). Would I enjoy practicing law, or am I attracted to the "idea" of being a lawyer? There is an important distinction between one's perception and reality. Do I see myself arguing for my clients? Poring through cases and researching a case? Do I see myself meeting people at their basic needs in human health and spending the time to learn about the human body? What is "the dream"? What is the main thing that I'm to pursue in life? I mean, beyond Jesus Christ and all ... or maybe, it's just as simple as that. Maybe I don't need to worry about the particularities and simply "trust in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding" (Prov 3:5). And perhaps, from there, everything else flows. Out of identity comes destiny. At present, this is very much abstract and a work in progress. I'd be interested to hear about your dreams and where you are in your own life journey.

(excerpt from my personal journal)

Comments

Mimi said…
Out of identity comes destiny. It truly does! I attribute this to a mental state called Flow.

I wrote a blog on Flow a while back. I hope you find this insightful.

"I could get used to that" doesn't mean you will.
Josh Wang said…
Wow cool! Great read, thanks for the link!

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit