Living as if today was your last day

I've been sick lately. I don't know how sick. Maybe it's from all the beautiful coffee I've been drinking. But I've been reminded that I won't be living forever. A thought crossed through my mind that I might actually die. And then, my heart sank. I thought about everything I would be missing. I thought about how it would feel like. And so on ... a lot of deadly thoughts (no pun intended). Then I tried to think of the positives .. if any existed. What if today was my last day (like Nickelback's song)? So for anyone who's reading this, here's a question I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts to:
What would you do (or want or say or think or whatever...) if today was your last day?
For me, I'd like to make as many people smile as much as possible. I wonder what it would look like if I lived as if today was my last day, everyday. If, everyday, I sought to bring joy to those around me, whether through a smile, a listening ear, or just helping out.

(Excerpt from journal, 2010-07-23)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit