Waking Up

In his book, Tender Warrior, Stu Weber opens the book talking about the wake-up call. Often we are called to do certain things, to get moving, to start working, to work harder, to move outside our comfort zone. Or in the context of the book, the call to be a real man. And often times, we like to press the snooze button on life. We like to procrastinate. We don't want to grow up and start accepting responsibility. And please note, when I say we, I really mean me. However, often when I talk about me, it also benefits we.

Anyways, suffice to say, I'm done pressing the snooze button. I've slept in quite a bit and have atrophying muscles. I need to train myself again. Reading the Bible. Devoting myself to prayer. Practicing Biblical love. Eating properly. Strengthening my physical body. Keeping my room clean and taking care of chores. Taking care of myself and those around me. The thing about a wake-up call is that it calls you to wake-up and expend energy. At my current maturity, I have to go out of my way and be intentional if I want to "be a man".

I'm done with living a life of mediocrity. I'm going to give my best in all I do. What if I fall? I'll just get up and keep going. And in all things, put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. While I have this temporary motivation, I find that human nature makes this unsustainable.

God, today, I choose, to follow you. To get to know you. Living a life of obedience. No longer obeying the desires of my flesh (lust, laziness, pride, greed...), but obeying the desires of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, self-control). I ask for strength for myself and for all those who desire you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

Agatsu Level 2 Prep