Beating Bronze!

Hey! So yesterday ... I went to Hart House with my brother. We both did the Hart House circuit. It was his first time doing it and he did quite well. As for me, I did the Bronze level and have never beat it before. Yesterday (July 13) was the first time ever that I beat that level with a time of 27:12 (the cutoff is 28 min). Of course, before I can move to the next level, I need to beat this level consistently.

The key things that helped me beat this level were:
1. Practicing pull-ups. I would usually get stuck will pull-ups, being really exhausted. This was one of my weakpoints.
2. Powering through burpees. From pushups to burpees, right away. In the past, burpees have been the other main weakpoint of mine. Key areas of development for me are my legs and upper body / arms. I believe that if I develop a lot more strength / endurance / stamina in my legs and core, I will be a lot more competitive during our team runs.

As I saw my time on my last set of dips, I knew I could beat bronze and got really pumped! I'm going again this Wednesday to give it another go.

Beating Bronze for the first time gave me incredible motivation. Intro I/II could be beaten by me easily without much work. However, with Bronze, all my teammates were putting in the effort and going to Silver - one even beat Gold! At the end of the day, hard work always trumps talent, right Naruto?

So in the meanwhile, before moving on to Silver, I'm going to look forward to giving Bronze a good whooping, to pay it back for all the times it has destroyed me and left me utterly wasted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit