Re-Vision

Xplore Fitness - my new gym. Closer to work & bus stop. Cheaper. And has everything I need. (Though it doesn't have a pool). Includes 2 free personal training sessions and 1 training session / month for followup.

Okay, my goal has always been to get better. To improve. I have been hesitant of quantifying my goals. More recently, I realize that it is important to be specific about your goals. Having clearly define goals assist in motivation - but they should not make working out a drag. I workout for the joy of fitness. I bodybuild to shape my body into the best it can be, developing physical strength, endurance, stamina, and flexibility. Bodybuilding is part of a greater goal of attaining true strength. Through my physical training, I aim to achieve strength of character, consistency in integrity, staying power, and renewed passion. My desire is to give God glory. To share His love, His truth. To experience it and allow others to experience the message of hope through my life.

In the spirit of specific goals, here is a preliminary list of goals that I am driven to achieve by August 2008, when I return to Toronto:
1- currently bench 135 lbs. goal: 200 lbs (10 reps)
2- current weight 172 lbs. goal: 200 lbs (gain lean muscle mass only)
3- current body fat 15.5% goal: <14%
4- complete 10 k race and 1/2 marathon

Here is my current plan of attack for each goal (my plan of attack will continue to change as the weeks go by):
1- train with intensity, consistently pushing my limits
2- diet: higher caloric intake. quality carbs. strongly limit sugar intake and evening snacks with carbs. more protein. post/pre workout nutrition. training: train muscles to failure.
3- drink lots of water. weekly cardio. diet (see #2). refrain from excessive eating / binging. srongly limit alcohol consumption
4- train all muscles to protect from injury. run consistently to build endurance. add speedwork and hill training.

Renewed. Revitalized. Refreshed. Re-energized. Recharged.
Revived.

Comments

~*AyDa*~ said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit